Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Setting up the Blog and Notes to the Reader

Get ready -- this is a big one. Fifty six days cruising on Crystal Cruise Lines. We fly to Singapore and arrive in enough time to get on the ship (it takes two days to get there). We will work our way west stopping in places such as Thailand, Myanmar, India, Dubai, through the staits of Aden (and hope not to see any pirates), through the Suez Canal, Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, Greece, Italy, France, Spain, Portagul, and a circle around the UK, arriving in London.

This is my first experience blogging via mobile phone. I am trying to get things set up before we leave. Please bookmark the URL (which was assigned as I did not, nor could I, make up such a silly name) -- http://taghep982.blogspot.com

To see the next page of posts, you need to click on "older posts" at the bottom of each page. Or you can just click on the link you want to see under Blog Archives.

We finally unpacked the car, put all the stuff away from our winter in the desert, and worked out the kinks in the TIVO and my printer. We are going to take it easy for a few days with Deborah and Isabelle. Then the fun begins! How to pack for two months in two suitcases and not exceed 50 pounds in each one. I swear, this time, I will not pack more than I will wear or need, and I will wear things over and over again. The ship, after all, has laundry facilities.

It will be interesting to spend this much time on a ship. Never been on longer than 21 days; and, we already signed up for a 65 day cruise starting in January 2011!

6 comments:

  1. HI, It worked!! So far so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to tell you it was me, Marilyn, that posted so far so good!! It was the only way It woul let me post was being Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. gonna miss you guys ALOT! wish we could all go. im sure everyone feels the same way too. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, its 59 days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this works but not from my phone. love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so impressed by the technology, and would never begin to be able to
    accomplish this. I am really bowled over by it. I empathize with the pass-
    port business.Also remember getting hit by having to buy visas upon exiting the plane in order to visit a country - I think was India. Re clothes-I'm sure you'll go gaga over some article of clothing at some port or market along the way, so that will keep you from getting bored with only the clothes you've brought.Finding room to bring stuff back is the trick.Hope you're having a ball, and are in good company.Bobbie

    ReplyDelete