Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Final, Final Test

I am avoiding the bedroom today as the time has come to make packing decisions and I am just overwhelmed by it. I am also very tired as I was awakened by a hammering noise at 4:45am. Tried to sleep, but getting a headache so gave it up at 6:45am. So far, this has been a long day.

It's 11am and I have finished picking out everything. Now the trick is to see if it will fit in the suitcases and be under 50 pounds. This has really been an exhausting experience. I know that I am forgetting things (such as my white cotton slacks which are still in the desert -- rats). I am avoiding packing the checked suitcases as it is a real puzzle to balance weight and what you pack in each suitcase. For those experienced travellers, how many times has one of several suitcases been lost or misrouted? I know it has happened to me before; so, what I do is spread everything among the suitcases. That is, a few blouses and pants in one and a few blouses and pants in another one. I even slip a few things into Michael's suitcases and then let him deal with the weight issue. I also take a carry on that has enough stuff to get me by for three days. Experience is a great teacher.

Just finished final testing -- and everything works!!!! Created the above paragraphy on the computer, then uploaded the document to my phone, did a cut and paste after opening the document and Blogger and there it is. I just love playing with gadgets and electronic toys.

6 comments:

  1. It will be nice when you are finally on the ship and there will be no more this is test page!LOL
    looking forward to hearing all about your cruise~!!

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beverly:
    Easy does it. Your retired and going on a cruise for a good time. You can always get by, even if you buy something during the trip. Thank God you can still do it. Relax and enjoy it. Love you - Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok...don't stress about the packing! they have stores there too! lol...kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, hope things are going well with you and Micheal. Are you home or on the cruise and when will you return? Have a wonderful time and I'll see you when you return... Take care Love Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beverly,
    Where is the "master packing list" you can follow so you don't forget the white slacks next time? Did you bring your floss?
    Here is an idea and you can hit me when you come back.
    RICK STEVES!
    Your blog is so fun to follow and I look forward to reading it daily.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you arrived w/ no problems just a long trip. Started to get your mail Mon. What is going to the hse. is not first class except a pkg. Not sure what happened there. will keep an eye on it. Trip to Vancouver, great... Had a nice visit. ML

    ReplyDelete